It’s no secret, Walt and I love Mexican food, so it should be no surprise that I would be drawn to this recipe posted on Pinterest by Six Sisters http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/p/about-us.html.
I will admit that at first I was just a wee-bit skeptical that baked fajitas could be as tasty as traditional fajitas but these were delicious!! I will also admit that we both helped ourselves to one more than we should have, I’m going to justify that with the fact they are baked.
The only draw back to this recipe is the diced tomatoes. Even having drained the tomatoes first, I still ended up with a little more liquid at the bottom of the dish than I would have liked but it did not take away from the taste or quality of this dish.
Try them, let us know how they turn out for you. Enjoy!!
BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
What You’ll Need:
1 pound boneless, skin-less chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish
- Mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions in the dish
- In a small bowl combine the oil and spices
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender
- Serve with warmed tortillas and enjoy!