A gorgeous Tuesday here in Michigan, picture perfect, I wish we could have 365 days a year like today. It always amazes me how quickly things go from a dreary grey/brown to bright lush green, how it seems that the bare trees pop their leaves overnight and the flowers secretly break through the ground. Everything is fresh and new….a taste of summer which is on its way.
I have another tasty chicken recipe for you today, Cracker Chicken. I know, there are tons of recipes out there for chicken using Ritz crackers and all of them tasty. I do something just a little different, instead of dredging the chicken through egg or milk I spread Miracle Whip over the chicken breasts before I roll them in the cracker/cheese mixture. Miracle Whip you ask….yes, the Miracle Whip will help keep the chicken moist.
This recipe has only 5 ingredients, ingredients that most people have on hand. Plus it is so easy to put together your family will think you spent some serious time in the kitchen creating it. You can serve it as is or make a quick chicken gravy to go with it. It pairs well with mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes or even ranch potato salad and corn on the cob!! Try this, I bet it’ll be a hit at your house too!
What You’ll Need:
4 – Boneless/Skin-less Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Miracle Whip
24 Ritz Crackers – crushed fine
6-8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil – spray with cooking spray
- In a bowl mix crushed crackers with shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread Miracle Whip on chicken breasts
- Season with Lawry Seasoning Salt
- Roll chicken breasts in the cracker/cheese mixture to cover chicken
- Place on baking sheet
- When all chicken breasts are covered….spread some of the remaining cracker/cheese mixture over the chicken breasts
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink
- Serve and enjoy
Source: N. Rezich