Another Wednesday is upon us, on one hand I’m happy the week is moving quickly because it means the weekend is in sight, on the other hand it makes me pause and say “WoW, where are the days going?” The upside to time moving quickly is that the 1st day of spring will be here in;
1 month and 7 days
or even better…..
Did everyone have a paczki yesterday? We did and it was yummy!! The first bite was all cake but after that there was yummy raspberry jelly oozing out all over. They will never be as good as those of my childhood from the corner bakery or as good as those from Hamtramck but they were close enough. I guess we could go to Hamtramck for our paczki but it gets so wild there, the local news interviewed a woman who came all the way from Orlando, FL just for paczki and she was happy to stand in the line for hours just to get them. That’s paczki love!!
Today is National Tortellini Day which is perfect since it’s also Ash Wednesday and as Catholics we aren’t suppose to have meat today. I found a new recipe for Torellini that I am anxious to try and share with everyone.
Short post today, I have an interview in a few hours and I need to start getting ready. Today I have a great muffin recipe for you, Vanilla Coconut Muffins. I made these muffins on Saturday morning to go with our coffee and they were delicious. The batter is very thick, it almost reminds me of oatmeal when I pour it into the muffin tin, the house smells wonderful as they bake. They are sweet and coconutty. In addition to a great treat with your coffee, they also went well with our homemade chicken soup that night.
I followed the directions on this exactly. The next time the only thing I would do different is replace regular milk with coconut milk to give it a little more coconut flavor. Not because they don’t have great flavor already, simple because Walt really loves coconut.
I found this recipe on “Baking Bites.” Not sure how I came upon this blog but I’m glad that I did because these muffins are definitely a keeper and we’ll be making them again. I’ve included the link to the site below.
VANILLA COCONUT MUFFINS
What You’ll Need:
2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
2 large Eggs
1 cup Milk (regular or coconut)
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
5 tbsp Butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners – (I never line, I use cooking spray so they will fall out easily)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Stir in shredded coconut. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture
- Stir until the wet ingredients are almost fully combined and only a few streaks of flour remain
- Pour in the melted butter and stir until butter is completely incorporated and no streaks of dry ingredients remain
- Divide evenly into prepared muffin pan (cups will be full).
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Turn muffins out onto a wire rack to cool completely
Makes 12 muffins.