Like most mornings I woke up today (Saturday) grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down to write a post and catch up on my blog reading. As the WordPress page loaded the little message bubble at the top of the screen caught my eye. Just like Megan Ryan’s character Kathleen Kelly in “You’ve Got Mail” I smiled, my head instinctively moving side to side with anticipation, I had a message (I love when people comment), I clicked on the little button to see who the message was from.
I was not prepared for the comment that awaited me. It was from Arlene who is the author of the blog “Armoured Up.” Arlene wrote to tell me that she enjoyed our little family blog and that she had nominated Rezich Family Kitchen for the Versatile Blogger Award! I had to read it three times before I fully comprehended what she was saying, so I clicked on the link as she instructed me to do in her note and again, read her post to several times to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood. I am still “green” as they say when it comes to this whole blogging thing.
I wasn’t sure I was worthy of an award, let alone “The Versatile Blogger” award. I looked up the word “versatile” (yes I know what it means but there are times when you have to confirm your thoughts), on dictionary .com and there I found it; Versatile: capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
It’s funny because all week I’ve been wondering where our little blog falls category wise in this great big world of blogging. Although we do share recipes, we really aren’t just a food blog. We share stories and photo’s of our lives, but we’re really are not just a family blog either. We comment on world affairs, share our thoughts and opinions of many things, but we’re far from being a political or opinion type blog. So….I would have to say that yes, we are a “versatile” blog, our content and the information we share changes easily from one topic to another.
By agreeing to accept the award there are a few things that are required before I can post the award on our site:
- Post a link to the nominating party’s site.
- Tell you a few things about me…seven to be exact.
- Pass on the love to seven of my fellow bloggers.
So, here goes:
As I said earlier, we were nominated by Arlene who is the author of the blog “Armoured Up.” Thank you Arlene, you made our day. Arlene is a versatile writer, she writes beautifully about family, her faith, parenting, motherhood and so much more. Please visit Arlene’s blog at: http://armouredup.wordpress.com/.
Wow….Seven things about myself (this is tougher than you think):
- My greatest wish is that I live long enough to see great-grandchildren, I am in awe and amazed seeing a life that carries a little piece of me heading into the future.
- One of my regrets is not being closer to my sister Lee sooner, that it took a family tragedy to bring us together to heal and our relationship closer. I wish she lived in Michigan so we could make up for time lost.
- If you lie to me I’m done. I can deal with a lot of things, but don’t lie to me. I may not like what you have to say but I’d rather work around a hard to take truth than to be lied to.
- I believe everyone deserves a second chance
- I will fight fiercely for those I love and care about
- Before I met and started dating mild-mannered Papa Walt, I was a “Harley Girl.” Yes, yes I was, leather jacket, vest and boots….I dated a guy who owned a Harley Low Rider, we were office professionals Monday thru Friday…who transformed into weekend bikers. I of course was always a passenger.
- In my younger days I was the guest singer for several country bar bands, it was a blast.
Drum roll please………the nominations. I am nominating the following blogs. If you decide not to accept the award I understand, but I have enjoyed your posts and want others to do the same so I’m sharing your information with my friends and blog followers. In no particular order my nominations are:
Faithful Leaps: http://faithfulleaps.wordpress.com/ (Tara Leap)
Get Write Down To It: http://getwritedowntoit.wordpress.com/ (Make Way 4 Linda)
Party Kitchen: http://partykitchen.wordpress.com/
In My Opinion: http://diane-owens.com/ Diane Owens
T-Fun World: http://tfunworld.wordpress.com/ (Tyler)
Mi Casita: http://rosesandtomatoes.wordpress.com/ (Messy Me)
Summer In Pescara: http://summerinpescara.wordpress.com/ (Michelle)
By agreeing to accept the award there are a few things that you are required to do before you post the award on your site:
- Post a link to the nominating party’s site.
- Tell you a few things about yourself…seven to be exact.
- Pass on the love to seven of your fellow bloggers.
From our family to your’s…THANKS A BUNCH!!!