Birthday’s in our family, for the kids at least, can be stretched out for days and days!! Although Lil E’s birthday was officially yesterday his party is today.
Eric is our only summer baby, Josh was born in March, Kaylee in November. Eric’s birthday’s are always held outside in his big backyard. This year, even when his momma asked him if he wanted a Chuck E Cheese party or a Bounce House Party, Lil E said “No momma, I want my party outside!”
The present’s are wrapped, the goodie bags for the kids are assembled (grandma did those so Lil E wouldn’t give his momma a hard time about getting into them).
Grandma is in charge of making the potato and macaroni salad so today I’ll leave you with the potato salad recipe I grew up with, “My Mom’s Yellow Potato Salad” it’s a family favorite. Some may say “Hey, that’s mustard potato salad,” but really…even though there is mustard in it, the amount of mustard we use is really only to make it a pretty yellow color, you can’t taste the mustard at all, it’s not overpowering like a true mustard potato salad.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone…..I know we will!!!
My Mom’s Yellow Potato Salad
What You’ll Need:
5 lbs. Russet Potatoes
2 cups Cut up veggies of your choice….green onions, cucumbers, celery, green pepper
2 cups Miracle Whip
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
2 tsp Granulated Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Hard boiled eggs (2 if you are only going to slice them on top…more if you chop them in the salad too)
- Boil potatoes until fork inserted penetrates potato (you don’t want them mushy)
- When potatoes cool, cut into cubes in a bowl
- Cut up veggies of choice add to cubed potatoes
- *If you are using chopped eggs – add to cubed potatoes
- Mix Miracle Whip, Mustard and sugar in a bowl – pour over potatoes mix well
- If you are slicing eggs on top, slice and add
- Refrigerate about 2-3 hours