Here in Michigan that is!!
Hey, hey hey, keep it clean this is a family blog…….I know, some of you thought I was quoting Nelly’s song and that I was going to finish that with Nelly’s next line didn’t you? Some of you may even be more surprised this granny knows a Nelly song!!
Surprise!! I am a lover of music, all music and I do know Nelly’s song(s) and the words………but I digress………I am sure there will be some people who are going to take off all their clothes to put on swim suits and who knows there may even be some skinny dipping going on!
Enjoy this great summer weather, unfortunately it doesn’t last long enough here in Michigan.
Just a few tips to remember when dealing with the heat:
- DO NOT leave children in vehicles – FOR ANY LENGTH FOR ANY REASON!
- DO NOT leave children unattended in or near pools
- Check on the elderly
- Keep hydrated – non caffeinated beverages are best
- Dress in light-weight, light-colored clothing
- Don’t get too much sun
- Spend time in air-conditioned locations – if you don’t have air conditioning go to local libraries and community centers
BREAKING NEWS!!! I grilled dinner last night! Yes I did. I made BBQ chicken breasts and they were delicious. For those of you who follow our blog you know from reading previous posts that Walt is the Grill Master, he creates wonderfully delicious master pieces on the grill. Walt is to grilling what Picasso and Van Gogh are to art…a little quirky.
So most of you, especially family and friends, won’t be surprised when I correct myself and say I started the grilling, I was almost half way through when Walt came home and took over. I did not ask him to, he just pushed his way in. Evidently there are “house grilling rules,” (Walt’s Rules) and one of them is cooking with a timer (I was using the patio clock) the other is use of a meat thermometer (I didn’t have it out yet, I wasn’t ready for it) neither of which were out when he came home, so evidently I broke the House Rules and he took over. I love my husband, he is such a grill nerd!
All day yesterday I craved chocolate. I didn’t want to heat up the house by baking even though it wasn’t as hot out yesterday as it is going to be today. Wanting something that I could put together quickly I decided on “Pudding In A Cloud” taken from Kraft Recipes. Seriously….it does not get any easier than this and it was a perfect chocolate fix.
Pudding In A Cloud http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/pudding-in-a-cloud-53638.aspx
- SPOON 1/3 cup COOL WHIP onto bottom and up side of each of 6 dessert dishes. (I used 4)
- BEAT pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Spoon into center of each dish.
- SERVE immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy your day everyone!! STAY COOL!!